Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Sing us a song, you're the piano man...



"Sing us a song, you're the piano man
Sing us a song tonight
Well, we're all in the mood for a melody
And you've got us feelin' alright "


For my partner and I, music is a big part of our relationship. Songs that have carried us through the good and the bad. Songs that have made us laugh, and songs that have made us cry.

Do you and your partner have a song that is "your song"? if you do, why not send them the lyrics when you know they're having a bad day. Or make a photo slide show with it, using pictures that are significant to the two of you. You can use Microsoft Photo Story 3 (you can download this program free), or a website like slide.com

Or maybe look for NEW songs that remind you of your love, of your relationship. I probably average a song a week to my partner, and when he finds ones that remind him of us, he'll look for a video of it on youtube and send me the link.

One of the things I love about my partner is his singing. Its one of the first things I noticed about him. The other day, I was having a HORRIBLE day. I sent him a text and asked him if he'd sing me a song that night. I didn't tell him which song, I asked him to pick one, knowing it would mean more because it would be one that HE thought reminded him of us. I got tucked into bed, my cellphone under my pillow, and he called and sure enough.. hearing him sing Billy Joel's "And So It Goes" turned my whole day around. it was as perfect as we could get so far away, and it made my heart soar that he did that for me. :)

Find your heart song. find a song that makes you laugh, cry, smile, and dance all at the same time, and share it with your loved one. They will love that you thought of them, and love that you wanted to include them in your day. (and rent happy feet and learn about heart songs if you hadn't already! Your heart song is your hearts voice to the world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment