Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's HERE!!!

This is it.. the final stages of the countdown to vacation! I'm off to Atlanta to be with Shel and our boys, and it is something that I have been dreaming about forever. I haven't seen the boys since last summer, and have missed them HORRIBLY! And this last month without Shel has been killer.

Not only are we going to Atlanta, but we're ROAD TRIPPING it back!! I LOVE road trips!! I would go pretty much anywhere you asked me to, if it involved driving for long periods of time in the car. I know you think I'm being sarcastic, but I'm really not. I have travelled across this great country of ours by plane, by car, by train. I LOVE to travel and see new places. (bi-product of being an officers kid? possibly) So now, I get to go down and road trip with my family!! Incredible!! AND even more special because we'll be stopping off at the new house, the one that if everything goes as planned will be "our" first home!

In doing all this though, I'm a bit nervous about the trip down. Tomorrow I drop Pooper (Bernie) off at doggy camp for 2 weeks. Bernie has never been away from me for longer then 12 hours. I'm worried.. like.. New parent away from the baby for the first time worried. I didn't cry when Hayden went to Kindergarten for the first time, but I'm pretty sure tears will be shed tomorrow leaving Bernie behind. Is that wrong?

My mind is filled with What If's as only an OCT person's could be. What if Bernie is bad at the trainers that first day and they call me to come and get him, before I get to even leave. What if he's bad while we're gone? What if he gets sick? We already almost lost him once, I couldn't deal with that! or lonely? Or what if he manages to find an escape route and finds his way home? MY folks can't watch him, what will we do then?

Oy vay! So much to worry about :P

Then the trip. Hayden's never been on a plane ride before. What if he gets air sick? Last night I asked Shel what to do if a pressurized cabin sucked my marble out? (lol... thats what I call the "growth/lump" yet to be identified in my sinus cavity.) What if we get to customs and there's a hassle with our paper work? What if they need to contact Hayden's other chromosome? He's out of reach camping all weekend, so if they dont get him, will they still let us through?

SO MUCH worry! I honestly don't remember the last time I prayed as much as I have this last week (unless you count the conversational prayer that a certain officer whom I love had me participate in the whole way to the young women's retreat in Niagara Falls one year. Do you think God understood when I feel asleep in the middle of the trip/prayer?)

If you have a few extra seconds to send one up to the Big Guy for me? or if you're not into that sorta thing, some good thoughts or Karma would be nice!!

See you on the flip side (Hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment