Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Birthdays are NOT my favorite celebration. At least when it comes to my own life. Present me with someone else's birthday and I will go out of my way to make it as special as I can. When mine comes round, it is almost without fail that by the end of the day I am hudddled in the corner arms covering my head while air raid sirens go off over head. I dont do them well. They are not friendly, they take no prisoners, and I try to avoid them at all cost.

I LOVE my family. I really do! they are great! but, when it comes to birthdays... there's usually something left to be desired. Take for example, the meal. I know Im almost 30, and living at home so I should be able to suck it up, but... I'm a porkiterian. Have been for a while and by that I mean YEARS. But... inevitably my birthday rolls around and I would say a good 9 out of 10 times, Pork is my birthday dinner. Yum... lol. This year, thankfully, pork is NOT on the menu. This year, shepphards pie. (Dont even get me started on the mistake that is to be called food).

I make everyones cakes. its what I do. Its expected, but thats ok because I love doing it. But that means when my birthday rolls around, no cake (except for the year my boss bought me a cake! Best cake ever!) Last year my sister-in-law, knowing my pain over birthdays, made me a birthday cake. It was so cool.. candles and everything... they carried it to the table, I went to blow out the candles and notices it said "happy 30th birthday!"... hmm... wait a sec... :) But she tried... and I love her for it.

I've had one PERFECT birthday year. 1! (well, thats excluding the ones when I was a kid. 1 out of the grown up ones)! It was 2 years ago. Dinner at the CN tower, birthday cake, and best of all... Freddie. It was a GREAT day. I love every second of it. Last year... ALSO good. Started off a little rough with my car dying and having to have it towed to Brampton, but it meant more time with Shel and Hayden. So... 2 good birthdays. Bad thing just happen. It's a fact. My last birthday in BC? I swallowed a tooth. My 16th birthday? I sat at home and did laundry.

This year... I just dont know. my family is scattered across 3 countries. We picked our wedding date, and have 95% of everything done for it. So thats a good, and Im counting it as an early birthday present. I will take what I can get. You think I'm kidding? i'll keep track tomorrow, and you'll see.. its like a broken mirror under a ladder with a black cat licking up spilt salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment