Thursday, May 7, 2009

Nicey's... how good they are

Being away from your loved one sucks. There is no nice way to put it. You feel as if half your heart is missing. But there are things that you can do that help when you're missing them.

I send my S.O. a text when I'm having a bad day. I let him know.. "hey.. today is a crap day for me." and then we talk about what made it crap, what we can do to fix it.

On crappy days when we don't have a lot of time together... like today, I try and think of a "miss you" nicey.

A nicey is something you do for someone without them asking. they can be something like a little, like grabbing them a cup of coffee, or it could be a major purchase... or... anything in between.

Right now I'm working on a surprise for him but I can't tell what it is, in case my S.O. takes a peek at the blog. So.... I'll give you some other ideas of things.

When he got his new job, I went out and got him all kinds of silly pens for his desk, or when he went away for the first time, I filled his place with balloons and sticky note messages. One day I took 2 picture frames and filled them with pictures of our kids and hung them on his wall... so he had them when he was all on his own, and feeling lonely.

There are hundreds of things you can do for your loved one. Don't focus on something that costs a lot of money. Little things often mean the most. Right now, I'm in the process of mailing a deck of playing cards, one suit at a time with messages written on all the cards. so when he plays cards he'll think of me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment