Thursday, October 15, 2009

The winds of Change are blowing.

Holly over at Life Laugh Latte left me a comment yesterday that said " You're taking on so many new things." It made me pause because I have to tell you in the 200+ days since Shel left, I really haven't felt like I've done a whole lot of "new". I haven't really felt like I've done a whole lot of anything, thb. I've packed up the house, I've managed to shower at least once a week, managed to take the dog for a walk every week-ish. (poor poochie) I left my job to spend more time with my family, but my family was scattering like a pile of pick up sticks, and then... what was I doing home?

Holly's comment got me thinking. Was there a shift happening? Have I FINALLY been able to make the change from career mom to soccer mom? I made a mental list of what's going on... whats changing, and... for your viewing pleasure... here it is:
  • I'm getting married!! in... hmm.. 65, 64 days? Woo Hoo!
  • I'm moving to the States in.. hmmm. 65, 64 days? Eeeps! and YAY!!
  • I've finally made the decision to get off my comfy spot on the fence and am officially a Vegan (if one can be such a thing after 48 hours?)
  • We're having a baby!!! (eventually? lol)
  • I've entered a writing "contest(?)" to celebrate National Author's Month. 50,000 words by November 30th. Why is THIS a big deal? Because it is one of my MANY dreams to become a published author! And if I win, I get an official copy of my manuscript!!! How cool is THAT?!?
  • I've showered! Ok... so... it may not be a big victory for some of you, but I am 100% counting it!!
  • I'm getting off my butt and getting moving! (I think this may be in part thanks to the diet switch, because in the last 24 hours, I've had more energy then I have in months, and that might, according to the research I've done, be because of the lack of animal fat, biproduct etc pumping through my veins)
  • I'm dedicating a big portion of my non kid time to my fur baby! My pup has had 3 walks in the last 24 hours! He's beside himself with excitement (until he sees his gentle leader come out - still can't get him used to that thing) We're also going to work on some more training. He is one smart cookie, and SO eager to learn. He responds REALLY well to clicker training, so I am off this afternoon to pick up some new training treats for him, and then... our work will be under way.

Ok... so maybe there are some changes being made... and for ONCE, I am VERY excited about them! (I am not a girl who likes change!) Make sure you keep checking back because I am going to write my little heart out about them as they happen!

3 comments:

  1. Sweet little shout out my dear! Thanks for that. Funny how writing it all out can make things so much clearer. Glad you gained some healthy perspective on your situation...now you can just sit back and rest in it knowing God will guide you through it all. Thanks for coming by today:) Holly at lifelaughlatte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really DO have a lot going on! Bet the pooch is enjoying all the buzz, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting and following me. Looks like we have a couple things in common. I have a new pup. he's only 9 weeks old and driving me nuts but I'm soo in love!
    I'm doing the NaNoWriMo thing. Is that what you're doing too? I have no idea what I've gottne myself into so it should be interesting!
    I will be following you too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete