Friday, October 16, 2009

Full Monty Friday!

(apparently in my PMS induced haze yesterday, I thought I had posted this. Here's Friday's blog. Please excuse the brain fart)

No... sorry... no nudity here. I like my camera too much to treat it to such a horrendous torture :P
Full Monty Friday is something a LOT more intimate then skin. And what better way to get intimate, then on the Internet. After all. That's what like 85% of the people in the world use it for anyways...

Are you a facebooker? I am!! I am thinking of forming a facebook anonymous facebook group... THAT'S how addicted I am. :P But... it's not just that... I am a facebook blabber. I log in after dropping Hayden at school and I blab. Mushy love stuff on Shel's wall. Verbal Diarrhea in my status. Its as if the fact that I'm not face to face with someone, somehow removes the filter I have in my brain that says "Stop telling people that, it's private!!"

One of my favorite Facebook activities?? Quizzes! Why? Because its a chance to blab MORE random stuff about myself!

I don't know why I like it so much. Maybe I spent too long keeping everything bottled up. I am a classic "Nothings wrong"-er. But whatever the reason, I see friends post a new quiz and I get giddy!!! A chance to tell more people more stuff!!!

When Sheila @ One Pretty Little Box gave me the gorgeous blogger award earlier this month, in order to receive it, I had to tell 6 things about myself. I thought it was going to be hard, but once I was done, I kept thinking "Oh!! I should have said this!! or... this!!!"

So.. for Full Monty Friday, here are 25 strange/interesting/useless bits of information about Moi!! If you're bored already, head over to The One-Minute Writer and check out today's superhero topic. I wont be offended. I promise. If you're here to read on, then sit back, relax, and feel free to laugh with, at or about :P


1) I used to babysit my oldest son. Its great that even though I'm the "second" mom, I have these amazing memories of cuddling with him on the couch watching TV, reading him stories, tucking him in, and playing together - none of which I'll tell him for fear of embarrassing him. (And Shel and I sometimes get a kick out of telling people I used to be "The Babysitter". The reactions from Women are usually "Really?-insert shocked face- the reaction from Men "Really? -insert face they use when composing a letter to penthouse.

2) I sleep with my web cam on EVERY night. At bed time Shel and I turn on our web cams and drift off watching each other. On hard nights when I miss him like crazy (there have been a lot of those in the last 200+ days) , I make him sing me to sleep. :)

3) I'm terrified of getting married. I'm afraid of losing myself and becoming "and wife" when we go places. I've accomplished a LOT in my 30 years. Including being the youngest Assistant Director to run a shelter in my entire national organization, and I'm going to a place where no one knows me or what I can do, they just know me as "the wife" or "the stay at home mom" Both of which I am happy and proud to be, but its not ALL of who I am.

4) In the last two years, I have had 5 jobs (assistant director of a women's shelter, order taker at a warehouse supplier, superintendent of a 199 unit townhouse complex, receptionist, and animal care attendant) and moved 5 times

5) I wake up in the middle of the night and talk to Shel while he's sleeping.

6) I LOVE the smell of used hockey equipment (I KNOW!!! GROSS!!!)

7) My aunt's used to babysit Shel. We've shared houses, towns, cities, and family functions as far back as we can think, and just kept missing each other. (i.e. Shel was born in a town I lived in 8 years later. His dad preformed my Grandmother's funeral.)

8) I went all last winter without shaving my legs (I know it's yucky and TMI... but.. come on... it keeps you warm! lol)

9) Stress causes me to flip into an anxiety attack

10) I've been known to watch Trailer Park Boys 3 times a day.

11) I make Hayden watch cartoons he doesn't like just so I can watch them.

12) I think accents are hot. But only real ones. When people pretend to have them, I think they sound dumb. :P

13) I love being in love.

14) I stay up at night thinking of little things to do to make Shel smile.

15) I tried some of Bernie's dog food... the dry stuff... because it smelt so bad I figured it couldn't taste that bad... (FYI... MediCal Gastro Formula... not so good for people food)

16) Without caller ID, I'd never answer the phone.

17) Shel and I watched 1 movie a night for 4 months and didn't have to repeat any.

18) I own too many movies.

19) I got to scrub in on and took pictures of Bernie's entire neutering surgery... and have some great graphic shots if anyone wants to see. It's actually really cool.

20) I had the biggest crush on Shel since I was 14!!! Its so fun to say he's the man of my dreams :P

21) Shel may not remember this, but he went to a job interview once where my mom was on the interview panel, and when they did introductions they said "And this is Major Bernice Elliott, we believe you know her daughter? (insert awkward chuckle here)" Kinda embarrassing as he was interviewing with his then wife.

22) I LOVE animals. My list of fur babies so far is as follows... 1 dog, 1 hamster... previously? 3 turtles, 2 Guinea pigs, 1 skinny pig, 100 fish, 1 big bully (our fish that eventually eats anyone else in the tank with him) 3 lobster, 1 praying mantis, 3 hamsters (till one turned cannibal on us), and an adopted frog, and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone... Oh... and 3 crabs... and an anole lizard.....

23) Nicey's make me cry. The sillier the better. (Nicey's, for those of you who don't know, are nice ways to tell someone your thinking of them. It can be anything from a stick of gum to a diamond bracelet. I once got a DVD player as a nicey.) I used to leave chocolate bars in the server cabinet for our IT guy. Shel sent me half a twix bar in the mail once, so we could share a coffee break.

24) I will cut you out of my life if I think you're going to hurt me. It's easier that way.

25) I'm loyal to those I love, and would do ANYTHING to make them happy.




3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! My hubby and I do the same thing when he is gone TDY. Sleep with the web cam on. It helps me sleep. I would never sleep with him gone if it wasn't for the web cam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mom's - Same. He's been gone for more then half a year and the lognest we've gone without seeing each other is when my laptop plug died and I had to wait 3 weeks for a replacement! I might have slept a total of 10 hours for those 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of that sleeping with the web cam on, that's really something!

    ReplyDelete