Friday, April 16, 2010

Today is the day!

Dear Body,

Thank you so much for all you've done over the last 8 years.

Nurturing a little being, when at times it seemed impossible.

Staying healthy for 6 years despite all the things I did that would have made most people very sick. 

Withstanding years of abuse at the hands of someone else, and yet still holding on strong, making it easier to walk away when the time came.

We haven't always gotten along you and I.  I know I've said some things about you that were hurtful. Mean even.  And you were nice enough to pay me back with a few pounds here, and a few pounds there.

I know that we haven't always seen eye to eye on our choices. Like when I want to walk around downtown for hours and you repay me with shin splints and a quick jab to the syatic nerve. Or when I think its a good idea to go a couple days without eating, and you think its a better idea to stab an ice pick through my left temple.

But I've got some big plans coming up. 

Summer is around the corner, and I'd love to be able to hit a beach or two without being miserable just because I feel self conscious.  And maybe a picture or two with McHubby where I don't erase it right away because I hate how I look.

AND the babies... we can't forget about the babies!! Body, you and I both need to be in tip top shape to do this pregnancy thing one, or two more times. 

So today, as hard as it is to say, You're Fired.  You will no longer be able to influence the major decisions in my life, your eating as you please perks have been revoked, and you will be required to hand in your "Parking your ass on the couch " permit. 

I'll continue to look back fondly on our times with you in charge, but there comes a time in every person's life when a decision like this needs to be made, and today is OUR day.

I've got the meal plan, the work out plan, and the motivation to get THIS party started.

Best of luck in your future endeavours,

Sincerely,

Sharon's Will Power

No comments:

Post a Comment